Our policy includes information required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 2016, which was approved and adopted by the EU Parliament in order to provide stronger protection of personal data to those residing in the EU. It applies to our business because we process and hold such personal data, as detailed below.
If you have a question that is not answered here, you can contact us at any time through the CUSTOMER CARE page, on this website.
Who is the data controller?
The www.sound-aesthetics.com website is owned and run by SOUND AESTHETICS, a Dutch business entity (also referred to as “us”, “we” and “our” in this policy). SOUND AESTHETICS is the data controller, the party that determines for what purposes and how personal data is processed.
What personal data do we collect?
- We process the personal data required to complete and despatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- We collect your email address when you sign up to our newsletter.
- If you register for a SOUND-AESTHETICS account, we collect your name, email address, password, country, day and month of birth and additional information regarding your favourite designers and artists, and your marketing preferences.
- When you contact our Customer Care Team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on www.sound-aesthetics.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
- If you are a customer of www.sound-aesthetics.com, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- If you provide us with someone else's data - for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift - we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend. If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfil the gift request and our contractual obligations.
- When you call our Customer Care Team, your call may be recorded for training and fraud prevention purposes.
How do we use the personal data we collect?
- To fulfil our contract with you, including taking payment, shipping and delivery;
- To provide you with relevant information about our products and services via our marketing communications and advertising;
- To help you take full advantage of our website, including placing and holding items in your shopping bag and using services such as Wish Lists;
- To improve the performance of our website and our promotion of the website;
- To allow our Customer Care Team to help you with queries and requests;
- To send you updates to important information such as our Terms & Conditions.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
These are valid reasons for our use of your personal data:
- Most of the data we collect from you is necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you or to enter into a contract with you.
- In certain circumstances we will ask for your permission or consent to use your personal data e.g. if we would like to send you marketing information about items, we believe may be of interest to you via email. If you have given your consent to our use of your personal data, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
- We may also have a legitimate interest in using your personal data e.g. to ensure that the content of our website is presented to you and your device as effectively as possible, or to ensure that our marketing communications are relevant to your interests. If this is our reason for using your data, we must make sure that our interests do not override yours and you are entitled to object to this use of your data.
- Lastly, we may be required to use your data to meet a legal obligation or to protect your interests e.g. we may exchange information with other specialist organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and credit risk reduction and we will retain financial data long term to meet our statutory obligations.
Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by the internal staff of SOUND AESTHETICS, who have been specifically trained and authorised for this processing. In addition, your personal data will be transmitted to selected third-parties that we use to provide our services; these parties have been rigorously assessed in terms of their compliance with the legislation on the processing of personal data. These parties have been designated as data processors and carry out their activities according to our instructions.
The third-parties in question belong to the following categories: our e-commerce platform; banking operators, internet providers, companies specialising in IT and telematics services; couriers; companies that carry out marketing activities; companies specialising in market research and data processing; companies offering contact centre services; companies providing publishing and distribution services.
Under some circumstances we may be required to disclose or share your data without your consent, for example if we are required by the police, the courts or for other legal reasons.
Data transfer outside the European Union
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a limited period of time in line with our data retention policy. The specific retention period will vary according to the reason for processing your personal data. After this period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise irreversibly rendered anonymous.
Your personal data are retained in accordance with the following criteria:
- When you have purchased goods from us, we will retain the billing data for up to seven years from the billing date;
- When you make a payment, we will retain your payment details up to the certification of the payment and the completion of the relevant administrative-accounting formalities regarding your right of withdrawal and the terms applied for the disputing of the payment;
- When you provide us with personal data in order to use our services, such as marketing communications, we will keep your data for this purpose until the termination of the service or until you cancel your subscription to the service;
- When we use your personal data and browsing history to analyse your behaviour in order to customise the website and to show you personalised sales offers, we will keep the data for analytical purposes until you ask us to delete it;
- When we use personal data for market research and satisfaction surveys, we will keep the data until you ask us to stop.
- When you contact our Customer Care Team, we will keep any additional personal data you provide that is specific to your enquiry for as long as you remain an active customer.
- When you contact our Customer Care Team, we will keep the call recording (if any) for up to 6 months.
You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you (and we will provide this to you free of charge once we have confirmed your identity). If you would like a copy of your personal data, please email us using the CONTACT-page, on this website.
You further have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by contacting our Customer Care Team. You have the right at any time to oppose our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest. You will need to explain the reasons behind your request and allow us to consider your request and respond. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. After receiving and reviewing your request, if legitimate it will be our responsibility to cease processing promptly and to delete your personal data. To ensure that the data of our users are not subject to breaches or illegitimate use by unauthorised third-parties, we will ask you to confirm your identity before carrying out your request.
Changes to this notice
Last updated: 17 May 2019.